Urgent Care Forum

Aches and pains

I am now 51 and 60 pds heavier in the past 3 yrs though always model thin and attractive until then.  I know I have some sort of depression but also just tired all the time and no time to work out, etc.  I am experiencing constant pain in muscles of upper arm and cramps in legs along with shooting pains in hips and abdominal area (well around navel and a bit lower).  I have not had medical insurance for almost a year and need to know if this is serious or some clues of what it may be.  Please help.  Thank you!
These are some very general symptoms that clearly are causing distress.  One thing that needs consideration would be having your thyroid evaluated.  A low thyroid level (hypothyroidism) could explain some of your symptoms.   Many conditions present with these symptoms; therefore, there really is no way to tell you what is wrong.  The forum is not here to make medical diagnosis but to be informational.   Lacking medical insurance is a real barrier for someone without an emergency condition.   You might want to call the social services office of your local hospital and see if they can direct you to a free clinic.  
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.