Urgent Care Forum

medications

I have a question about medication interactions.  I had wrist surgery and the dr prescribed percocet and I also take xanax. I did not think they could be aken together. Why the 2 together?
Percocet is a drug that is used to treat pain and contains Tylenol mixed with a narcotic agent.   Xanax is in the class of drugs called benzodiazepines.   Xanax is a sedative like valium.  It is used by some also to help with muscle spasms.  What you need to make sure is that your treating physician is aware that you take Xanax on a chronic basis.  Both drugs are capable of making one sleepy or somnolent and can effect one’s respiration—the reason why they should not be taken together.  
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.