A
A
A
Close
Urinary Tract Infection Community
695 Members

Am i cured of UTI?

I m a male. 33 yrs.
Does it happen that UTI is cured but the symptoms persist. A month and a half ago, i was treated for std bacteria(had unprotected sex). Got cured for 2 weeks and it started again. Got tested again and the reports came negative. Doc gave some meds( cystone, some pain killer) and said antibiotics not required since tests were negative. Its been 2 weeks now without any pain, but once in a while i feel burning only after peeing in the mornings.
Was getting better...then last nite i drank Redbull. Today morning felt the sting after peeing. The burning was there from few hours and them i m fine now.

Why am i still getting this.
Am i not cured since the reports are all normal.
It's 2 months now from the first diagnose.
Does uti get cured, but syptoms persist?
Does it mean i can never have redbull or bear again?
How long does it take for me to get cured?

Please help..

1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Recurrent urine infections could be due to various reasons. Most common causes are stones in kidney, changing sexual partners frequently, pregnancy, diabetes and childhood infections. The urine can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due to obstruction. Consumption of energy drinks increases caffeine content which acts as a diuretic and there is increased urination. A high sugar content of these energy drinks increases your urinary frequency.  In your case it may be possible that your infection is persisting though urine tests may be normal in few cases. Management of UTI is usually with antibiotic treatment. Discuss the possibilities with a urologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.