Urinary Tract Infection Community
700 Members

Bladder infection/irritation after intercourse

Hey everybody.

So me and my girlfriend recently started having sex. It was her first time, not mine.
The first 2 times, she didn't have any issues. We didn't overdo it, left a few days in between (I was on vacation) and there were no problems.

Afterwards however, she started experiencing pain when going to the bathroom (to urinate) and a constant urge without really urinating. Having heard the situation before, I immediately thought it was be a bladder infection. She never got any type of medication, but drank a lot of water (she didn't do that previously), got herself some cranberries and cranberry juice. After a short while she had no more complaints. We would have intercourse a few more times after that without any issues.

Now suddenly, after a while of abstinence (she was on her period), we restarted, and she's having issues once again.

I was wondering what exactly I/we could do to prevent irritation as much as possible. It seems like it's a recurring issue, but not constant. Worth noting that - if I recall correctly - both times happened after I (accidentally) ejaculated inside her. Could this be one of the causes?

Thanks in advance! :)
I think when you do sex, the bacteria remains into the uterus and the problems occurs after that, one thing tell her to urinate just after having sex, in this way the bacteria gets flushes out and she will not have infection in her uterus. During the periods don't do sex because at that time there are more chances of having bacterial growth.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.