Urinary Tract Infection Community
700 Members

Horrible UTI

I'm 3 months pregnant and have been diagnosed with a urinary tract infection. I've been on amoxicillan and it's not seeming to help. My urine is almost as clear as water and I haven't been drinking a lot of fluids. Also around my vagina I have a horrible burning sensation that is unbearable, I went to the hospital and they gave me a shot of another antibiotic and told me to continue with the amoxicillian. Is it possible I have a yeast infection on top of the bladder infection? The doctor looked at the outside of my vagina and said it looks normal but it definitely doesn't feel normal at all, it is red and looks and feels swollen! Please help.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  You could ask your doctor to send a vaginal swab test for STD and fungal infection. Give your urine for a culture sensitivity. You need to stop antibiotics for at least 72 hours before these tests. Urine culture sensitivity will help identify the antibiotic most effective against the bacteria. Then from the list, the antibiotic safe during pregnancy can be given.
Get your blood sugar tested. Diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes) can increase your risk of UTI. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration increases the risk of UTI.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.