Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urinary Tract Infection Community
700 Members

Is this a UTI?

I am admittedly not a water drinker; I can't just casually sit down and have a glass of water like most people, but I've never had a problem with that before. About three years ago I had an episode where I felt the urgency to urinate frequently, and the urine was clear, and in very small quantities. The episode went away after a day or so, and I didn't have a problem with it again up until this year. I had been drinking Tropicana Berry Punch with meals, and that's when the episode started again, only longer this time; I switched to Ocean Spray Cran-Grape and the problem went away, and only when I had a soda (dark soda, e.g.  Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke) or briefly went back to drinking Tropicana would it come back almost immediately.

I thought I had a UTI, a bladder infection or kidney failure or something of the sort, but there were these conflicting problems:

I feel no pain or discomfort in my kidney area
I don't have pain or burning when I urinate
There is no blood or any other alarming symptoms when I urinate

Can someone give me any idea as to what is going on here? And yes, I'm already well aware of the fact that I need to drink more water, and I am working on that as we speak, so let's skip that part. Is there a name for this or something? Am I seriously sick? Your answers are very appreciated
1 Responses
13167 tn?1327194124
Many tropicana products contain Splenda,  which is a recognized bladder irritant.

The other beverages you mention don't contain Splenda,  I don't believe.

Your symptoms don't indicate a UTI in my opinion,  but an irritated bladder.

You might try eliminating splenda products and see if it helps.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.