Urinary Tract Infection Community
698 Members

My UTI antibiotic stopped working?

Last week I was prescribed Bactrim DS for what my doctor said was a UTI but by symptoms seem way more like Kidney infection. It worked for the first 3 days, symptoms were gone within an hour of taking my first pill but then Friday I missed a dose (two pills) and then I started to have symptoms again, I took the pills and they did nothing.. is it possible that missing those two pills could have made the bacteria resistant to antibiotics? I'm so scared because of the fact this may be a kidney infection rather than UTI. I need to get better! :(

Also, can doctors tell weather you have a UTI or Kidney Infection just by doing a urine test? I was told I had a "major UTI" I'm wondering if that could possibly just be kidney infection.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.