Urinary Tract Infection Community
695 Members

Question about bladder control problem

My father is 70 years old. He is not diabetic but hypertensive. He had minor stroke from 7 years but now he is fine
The problem under question is Frequency and incontinent in affection of the bladder and prostate such as cystitis and prostatitis. The medication he takes is:  Genurin (Flavoxate Hydrochloride 200mg). However it doesn’t give good results all the time.
My questions are
* What are the main causes for less bladder control.
* Should we add anti-inflammatory to Genurin make it more effective
* Are there more effective medications for these symptoms
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Thanks for the question and we apologize in the delay in response.  This is an unfortunate problem that many in our aging population have.  https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/urinary-incontinence-older-adults.  One thing that can be successful is timed voiding. This empties the bladder on a schedule.  Some men see a physical therapist and do pelvic floor exercises that help with bladder control.  And of course, medical conditions such as enlarged prostate should be addressed as best you can.  

Let us know how your father is doing.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.