Urinary Tract Infection Community
693 Members

Recurring UTI please help.

I have had an on and off UTI for the past 2 years, it was last treated in July and since then has just lingered about anyway, now i have it back.
my symptoms are;
needing to wee when my bladder is less full
burning after weeing
bladder pain (feels like period pain its not pleasant) and it goes through to my lower back.

I am not sexual active at all, and I drink 7 cups of water a day, the only thing i lack on is my hygiene at times, I wash twice a week. I am always prescribed amoxicillin, once I was given something stronger but that didn't help.
Do you think i have something more serious than a UTI?
Please help, the doctors dont take it very serious and just think im sexually active or i should just go away.
What do you think is causing my problems?
1.Avoid foods and drinks rich in sugar. Reduce the intake of  sugar, soft drinks, concentrated sweet fruit drinks, coffee and alcoholic beverages.
2.Other foods to avoid are processed foods, spicy foods, fats, dairy products, red meats and shellfish. These foods are acid-forming (not to be mistaken with acid tasting food like the citrus fruits). Acidity formed from these foods increase the bacterial infection.
3.Eat fermented foods  yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, sourdough breads and apple cider vinegar.
4.Drink juices high in vitamin C especially grapefruit.
5.Eat foods high in vitamin A .
6.Foods high in zinc may also help by producing white blood cells and eliminating bacteria. Some of the best sources of zinc are oysters, ginger, beef liver, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, egg yolks, peanuts, oats, almonds.
7.Drink cranberry juice.
                Drink a glass of fresh cranberry or blueberry juice first thing in the morning and wait at least half an hour before you have something to eat. This drink is helpful for prevention of UTI.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.