Recurring bladder infections???

I keep getting recurring bladder infections & not sure why? I do everything to try to prevent them from coming back & even shower daily,Ive been to my dr a couple times the antibiotics i take usually help but it comes back after a week or 2! I got cranberry pills, Im on birth control pills but used condom as well when have sex......
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Urinary tract infection is typically occurring when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and after that start increasing inside bladder. Bladder infection mainly happens because of  Escherichia coli (it is a type of bacteria commonly found in the gastrointestinal). Women get UTIs more often than men because of the shorter urethra and that it is much closer to the rectal opening.
Antoibiotic is used to treat bladder infection, you can also use Pyridium, but only is you have a bladder infection.
As you are getting a UTI again and again, then try some natural treatment for UTI.
Helpful - 0
I had heard of dmannose on some blogs and forums and thought it was just going to be like the cranberry sachets and it wouldn't work - if the strongest course of antibiotics wouldn't get rid of it, some form of sugar couldn't! I carried on researching for a few months and I thought it was worth a try so bought a tub of powder dmannose. I had two or three drinks of water with a teaspoon of dmannose in each, and I knew when I went to the toilet next that this was working! I'd urge anyone to try this, especially for e-coli uti infections (most bladder infections are e-coli) it literally saved my life, I'd been given antibiotics from a specialist to take whenever I felt an infection come on but there has been no need for this since trying dmannose. It works by clinging itself to the bacteria on the bladder walls (works throughout urinary tract) and pulling them off with it, it flushes away next time the bladder is emptied. Try it!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urinary Tract Infection Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.