Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urinary Tract Infection Community
695 Members

UTI is taking over my life

hi im a 15 year old female in high school, I have a bladder infection that keeps coming back and i went to the doctors and he said he wouldnt be surprised if i had to take antibiotics for the rest of my life because I have a horseshoe kidney. The problem is that when i go to school i get really nervous because im scared that ill wet my pants (sounds stupid I know) because the teachers especially my algebra teacher wont let me go to the restroom because he only lets us have 6 bathroom passes per semester and i already used up all of mine. Towards the end of the class i start feeling like i cant hold it that im going to burst and i feel like im gonna cry but i dont wanna tell anyone at school that i have a bladder infection because its kinda personal but if i dont tell the teachers one day i feel like im gonna wet my pants. Also finals are coming and i dont know if ill be able to hold t in for 2 hours during classes im so scared of wetting myself and the humiliation that would come with it i also have this pounding/burning sensation its inflammation but i dont know how tomake it go away. please help me i would really appreciate it. should i tell my teachers i have bladder problems so theyll let me go to the restroom during finals? its so embarrassing for me since im a timid shy person that gets scared easily i feel like im gonna die. Do you guys know ofanything i could take for the inflammation? for the anxiety?
1 Responses
13690991 tn?1431363981
Cranberries are a natural anti-inflammatory which is one of the reasons they are so popular for UTIs. I think tablets work best, with d-mannose supplements as well. Yoga might help for the anxiety.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.