UTI or STD?

Hi, I recently have had vaginal sex (unprotected) I have been to have an STI test and am currently waiting on he results. However when I urinate it's slightly painful mild i'd say and only slight burning, there are no other symptoms like odour, discharge etc just needing to pass urine constantly and hardly passing any, I have had uti before where it was E.coli in the uterus hence why Im thinking its the same again.. anyone have any ideas? Im concerned obviously because i did have unprotected sex stupidly enough!
any comments would be great
thanks
Best Answer
Hello!
Frequent urination and pain while urination could be due to several reasons. Urinary tract infection is the commonest possibility. Urinary tract infections are common in females. Frequent urination can also be a sign of early pregnancy .You may need a urine examination. Drink plenty of fluids to flush out the bacteria from the urinary tract. In case you miss your periods take up urine pregnancy test. . It is best to discuss your concerns with a local health care provider and get your doubts clarified. Do keep us updated on how you are doing.
Take care and regards!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello!
Take care and regards!
Helpful - 0
Thank you! I had a UTI test which didn't show that I had anything, however I drink alot of water and in this case even more, which has appeared to have flushed it out and it's gone!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urinary Tract Infection Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.