Urinary Tract Infection Community
700 Members

UTI symptoms no infection

I need help figuring out what is wrong with me - I am a 19 year old female with no history of bladder infections or problems with urination. One evening I suddenly got pains in my lower back, legs and pelvic area -these symptoms came on within half an hour. They were not very severe although I did need to take some ibuprofen to get to sleep. The next day most of this pain has gone and has not really come back since, I could only feel slight pain in genital/pelvic area. I went to the doctor's this day and they took a urine sample, thinking that I had possibly developed a urinary infection. No infection was found but I was still given a 3 day course of antibiotics because of the lower abdominal pain and slight pressure on the left side. The day after this I noticed that I needed to go to the toilet a lot quicker than I usually would- I can normally wait 4 hours before feeling the need to go. I was drinking more water to get rid of a supposed infection so that may have increased the frequency. However, the antibiotics did not work. I still had to urinate soon after drinking anything and my bladder even hurt one morning, although not since. I was put on a different 7 day antibiotic 2 days ago by another doctor who said I will need to have blood tests to see what is irritating my bladder. I am drinking normal amounts and yet my bladder always feels full, even after I have gone to the toilet there is still slight pressure in my bladder. Today I can still feel the slight pressure and I also have a back pains and pains in my legs and thighs.

What could have caused these symptoms to come on so quickly and out of the blue? I have no STD's, a healthy diet and I doubt that any anxiety or long-term disorder could have caused these symptoms literally overnight.
Hi!
Have you missed your periods? If yes, take a pregnancy test and see. Other possibilities are kidney stone, polycystic ovary and maybe even gas in abdomen causing bladder irritation. It may be a good idea to get an ultrasound of lower abdomen and pelvis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.