Urinary Tract Infection Community
698 Members

UTI

MY HUSBAND (60 YRS) HAS UTI AND BLADDER INFECTION AND HAS ENLARGED PROSTATE GLANDS.56 GRMS.
EARLIER WE HAD REGULAR SEX BUT SINCE LAST SIX MONTHS THE FREQUNCY HAS BEEN ONCE A MONTH.
COULD HE HAVE CONTACTED THE INFECTION THROUGH ME.
I NORMALY DONT WASH UP AFTER SEX AS I DOZE OFF IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ACT.
DO I NEED TO WASH UP AND IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY I SHOULD MAITIN PERSONAL HYGENE TO REDUCE PASSING ON INFECTION TO MY HUSBAND.
WILL REGULAR EJACULATION HELP IN SHRINKING THE PROSTATE GLANDS?
DOES HE HAVE TO GO FOR TURP AS HIS FLOW IS REGULAR NOW AS HE IS TAKING URIMAX-D
Hi there!
Any condition which causes obstruction to the flow of urine like kidney stones or prostatic hypertrophy can lead to urinary tract infections. In males the bacteria can hide deep inside the prostatic tissue leading to repeated urinary tract infections. Repeated urine infections can lead to poor kidney function, kidney scars and permanent damage. It has been observed that early treatment may not be needed because the symptoms of BPH clear up in almost one-third of all mild cases without treatment. In such cases regular checkups to watch for early problems are advised. It is said that if you have intercourse frequently the ejaculation will remove prostatic fluid and shrink the prostate. But the best treatment is to see a doctor before the problem worsens. Only a doctor can tell you what treatment is best for you. The usual indications of TURP are inability to empty bladder completely, increased urinary frequency in day and night and straining to pass urine. Every case varies. Consult an experienced urologist for determining what is most suitable for your husband. I sincerely hope it helps. Do keep us posted.
Take care and good luck!
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.