Urinary Tract Infection Community
692 Members

Uti symptoms for about a week after unprotected vaginal sex

Hi, new here. I'm a 20 year old male, about 3 months ago I had unprotected vaginal sex with a stranger (I know, very silly of me) and for about a week after the encounter, I had what I think were Uti symptoms. I'm worried because I went to the doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about, but it must have been something. I've searched the web trying to find something similar to what I experience but nothing matched. Every day it seemed to get a little worse and travel up further to my kidney area.

It started off as burning on the tip of the penis, the day after, the burning spread to base of the penis and behind the testicles. It stayed that way for a few days then I felt burning pain in my kidneys for the next few days (sorry, unsure what the timeframe was)  then the whole thing just disappeared. Shortly after that I got a bit of a cold.

I got tested after that, came back negative for chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea. I'm going for another test on the 12th.

I talked with my ex about the symptoms and she says she experiences the same symptoms when she has a different sex partner. She says it has something to do with the bacteria in vaginal fluids.

I'm here because I have no idea what happened to me, I've searched the web, asked a few doctors and all that shows is uti  symptoms.

Any help would be great, thank you
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.