Urinary Tract Infection Community
691 Members

What are the risks of performing a cystoscopy during a UTI?

I have a cystoscopy scheduled on Friday for recurrent UTI. I've been dealing with Klebsiella for a month now, treated with Gentamicin, but I still have symptoms. My doctor said to go through with it anyhow. But I'm scared, I've read there is risk of sepsis.
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Thanks for your question and sorry for a delay in response.  Have you had your procedure and how did it go?  For our readers, there is an increased risk but it is fairly low at 5 percent.  Most doctors would recommend to go ahead and have the procedure if it is needed with an understanding of this slight risk.  We hope that all is well with you EllanaCD and letting us know your experience would be really helpful.  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cystoscopy/risks/
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.