Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urinary Tract Infection Community
692 Members

Will epididymitis & orchitis go away on it's own?

I saw a urologist for discomfort I was facing from my testes. I thought it might have been from weight-lifting or ab workouts.

She ordered a Ultra-sound and a Urine analysis. Urine analysis showed no problems. Ultra-sound showed that on the right testes there is epididymitis. In addition, both testes had an increased blood flow which the doctor says is orchitis.

The past couple days I have not felt the discomfort. I told that to the doctor. She said "Take this Cipro antibiotics prescription, if you feel the discomfort again, take the antibiotics, if you don't feel the discomfort, then don't take the antibiotics." (She said it was orchitis due to a bacterial infection and it's common).

Now, my question is, will epididymitis & orchitis go away on it's own? I just don't want to take the antibiotics for no reason & kill away my "good bacteria."
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Mild epidiymitis or orchitis may go away on its own. But since you are having recurrent symptoms, it is best to take the complete course of antibiotics as prescribed. After the course, you can take probiotics to regenerate the good bacteria faster. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.