Urinary Tract Infection Community
692 Members

bladder issues

Well here goes, my daughter who will be fifteen this year is constantly saying she feels like she needs to pee. This has been going on for a very long time, since about age 6-7. Seems like for months it goes away but it has been back with a vengeance over the last few months. She calls me from school daily to tell me her tummy hurts, she calls me before her fifteen minute bus ride to tell me she feels like she needs to go to the bathroom, and usually at least once on the ride home. It runs our everyday life. We have been in and out of the doctors and I have spoken to the nurses at all her schools about the issue.She has gone up to three times in one grocery trip at the store and we have to stop for her usually one time no matter how far we go. The doctors have said maybe she needs a council er but she tells me nothing is bothering her she just gets this feeling of needing to use the bathroom. We are talking about a very happy teen girl. I want to fix this for her desparately  but I don't know where to go from here. The only test they have ever run on her was a urine sample ....so lost for my child !  
Please any info would help....
Frequent urination in adults can be due to many causes.The primary cause which needs to be excluded is diabetes.Diabetes not only causes frequent urination but also numbness and tingling sensations.I would advise you to get a fasting blood sugar and Hb A1 C test done.

If dibetes is ruled out then other possibilities which need to be ruled out are interstitial cystitis,overactive bladder syndrome,stroke and other neurological diseases,urinary incontinence,bladder cancer(rare) and bladder dysfunction .

Please consult a urologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you , we will be making a appointment.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.