Urinary Tract Infection Community
695 Members

harmful??

Hi. Can an untreated uti be harmful im 4weeks pregnant. I really dnt no if I have a uti. Dis worries me tho.. can anyone tell me something
You will want to go to your Dr. and have them do a simple urine analysis to confirm whether or not you have a UTI.  UTI's are of course infections, and as with most infections, have the ability to spread.  The closest organ to your urinary tract, aside from the bladder is your kidneys.  Severe and prolonged untreated UTI's can cause kidney damage as well as scarring in the bladder.
There are medications available to take for UTI's that are safe during pregnancy.

Good luck!
Will do. Thank u
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.