Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Archive Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Frequent Urination

I am a 22-year old male with frequent urination.  I use the restroom 6-10 times per day, always with a moderate or large amount of uine to void.  Before this problem I was urination every 4-6 hours.  There is no burning when I void.  Some days I feel as though I constantly have to urinate.  It is not as bad in the morning or at night.  This problem has been going on for approximately 6 weeks now.  I have been to my GP and a urologist.  My GP put me on 10 days of Cipro, but that did not help.  I have had 3 urine samples, all were negative for infection and blood.  I had blood work done that showed no abnormalities.  I have had my prostate checked and was told the size and shape was fine.  I had a CT scan and there was no sign of kidney stones.  Ialso had an STD test which came back negative.  Some times my let testicle is sore and I have felt the tip of my penis burning once or twice, never while I am urinating.  I would like this problem to go away, and I am starting to think that this problem is caused by anixety.  Could this be prostatitis that needs 6 weeks of antibiotic?  Will this eventually go away on its own since it is already intermittent?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.        
1 Responses
okay, I'm not a doc, but I was wondering if you drink too much? Sometimes it's the obvious. Also, what color is your urine? If it's light-colored even if you didn't drink so much it can be diabetes insipidus.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.