Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
330478 tn?1278288516

Blood in Urine

Hello,

I have noticed over the last 2 weeks that my urgency to pee has grown. I am going to the bathroom approximately every 2 hours, sometimes less. My doctors are investigating whether or not I have another cyst on my ovary. I have also noticed just within the last 2 days that the middle part of my back on the right side has been experiencing a little bit of pain. I finally went to the doctor today and when they checked my urine, they did notice blood in my urine. I am currently on the contraceptive pill and am on my 5th day of the pill. The last time I checked my temperature it was 37.5. I also went for an ultrasound today and during the ultrasound when the technician was looking at my right kidney (which is where it hurts) she asked me if I had gone for blood tests or a urine sample. Do you have any idea what I might be experiencing? I always thought that if a kidney infection or any other such infection was present, there would be a high fever. Could I have kidney stones? If you could give me your thoughts on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

(I am also waking up at least twice sometimes during the night to go to the bathroom)

thank you,

steph
2 Responses
242593 tn?1313867921
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
If the urine cultures are negative, get evaluated for pelvic muscle trigger ponts, and if they are present, get them released. Locate a qualified pelvic floor physical therapists who can examine you and see if you have a pelvic muscle problem.

Dr. Hoyte
409451 tn?1206900232
Have them send out a urine culture for the bacteria ureaplasma. I went through all of the same things, and this was FINALLY found. Just an idea!! Good luck!
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.