Urogynecology Forum

Bowel pain after rectocele and cystocele vaginal repair

I had a posterior and anterior vaginal repair almost five weeks ago and before that I had no bowel problems, however, since then I have significant discomfort a few hours before a bowel movement and also the feeling that the bowels do not fully empty.  In between this I feel extremely bruised (as if I have been kicked in the behind is the best way of describing it).  I can also feel a small lump to the rear of the vaginal wall near to the entrance of the vagina, a little bigger than the size of a cherry.

Is this normal after such a repair and if so how long can I expect it to go on for.
You should not be having bowel pain this far out. There is a possibility, that the posterior repair was agressive. Please get an evaluation by your surgeon or another qualified pelvis surgeon, who may be able to release the repair, and remove your pain symptoms.

Dr. Hoyte.