Urogynecology Forum

Can someone help?

I have a 22 year old niece that has been going now to the doctors for about 8 months with no solution to her pain. At one point a doctor asked my sister if she thought that my niece was faking it, that it was all in her head. Here are her symptoms.

Blood in her urine. Uncontrolled urine. Pain left lower flank that radiates to the front (only left side). Shortness of breath at times. Trouble walking. Loss of weight. Nausea... depression.. ulcers..

She just had a cystoscopy done.

Can someone help us try to figure out what is going on. Can we get a list of deceases that can cause these symptoms so we can have some test done. We don't trust the doctors that we are seeing they have told us in the past that it was a urinary infection, then kidney stones then irritable bowel and nothing was correct. It almost feels like they are just humoring us, like they are doing us a favor. It feels horrible to see my baby girl in pain and it feels like nobody is taking us seriously.

Sorry for unloading but we are just lost at what to do next.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Mario Torres
Sorry to read of your problem. If you are uncomfortable with the doctors your niece is seeing I would suggest she get a second opinion.  Her complaints suggest multiple issues, urnary, stomach or GI, mental health, and therefore will most likely need to see several doctors.  I would suggest she see one generalist that can direct her care and hopefully have more time to manage her complaints.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Thank you Sir! We are going to do just that. Thank you for taking the time and answering. She just got the results from her cystoscopy and it the Doctor said it was all clear. Thank you again.