Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Community
564 Members

Does anyone use vaginal estogen?

My Dr prescribed it for me after my laparoscopic vaginal prolapse and rectocele surgery. I haven't gotten it yet, I want to talk to my oncologist first, I'm a 20 breast cancer survivor. If you use it, what are the benefits of it?
2 Responses
134578 tn?1517087675
I used it during IVF -- a pill, perhaps you are talking about a cream?  I thought it was fine, quite benign, but again the situations are different since you have the breast-cancer history to consider.  Your oncologist should be able to advise you.  I think there is said to be a difference between vaginal and oral as far as how much estrogen travels in your system.
1 Comments
yeah thanks Annie! What I would really like to do is hear from the women that are using the vaginal cream too know what the benefits are for those using it, and hear to also from those that don't take it.
I have been using Vaginal oestrogen for a few years now and it has helped me a lot.   My vaginal skin is healthier and this has also helped my prolapses from progressing like they were.   Before using the cream my vaginal skin was lax and dry but now things are a lot better.
Also, due to perimenopause then menopause the lack of natural oestrogen I had was giving me Vaginal Bacterial infections, but now I use the cream the BV infections are much much less
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.