Urogynecology Community
564 Members

Does anyone use vaginal estogen?

My Dr prescribed it for me after my laparoscopic vaginal prolapse and rectocele surgery. I haven't gotten it yet, I want to talk to my oncologist first, I'm a 20 breast cancer survivor. If you use it, what are the benefits of it?
I used it during IVF -- a pill, perhaps you are talking about a cream?  I thought it was fine, quite benign, but again the situations are different since you have the breast-cancer history to consider.  Your oncologist should be able to advise you.  I think there is said to be a difference between vaginal and oral as far as how much estrogen travels in your system.
yeah thanks Annie! What I would really like to do is hear from the women that are using the vaginal cream too know what the benefits are for those using it, and hear to also from those that don't take it.
I have been using Vaginal oestrogen for a few years now and it has helped me a lot.   My vaginal skin is healthier and this has also helped my prolapses from progressing like they were.   Before using the cream my vaginal skin was lax and dry but now things are a lot better.
Also, due to perimenopause then menopause the lack of natural oestrogen I had was giving me Vaginal Bacterial infections, but now I use the cream the BV infections are much much less