Urogynecology Community
571 Members

HELP! 4 months of Persistent VulvoVaginitis All STD/STIs testing negative

After an indiscretion April 2nd. I developed a yeast infection. I visited a public clinic and I tested negative for all STDs and was given diflucan for the yeast. Then 6 weeks later after having uprotected sex with my partner I started to have extreme lower right abdominal pain that sent me to the hospital. The hospital ran a urine culture which was negative and sent me home with pain meds. I began to develop yeast symptoms again, and my partner had penile irritation.  We took Diflucan and we stopped having sex. The symptoms just continued to worsen for both of us. After visiting our physician, two weeks later we were both diagnosed with chlamydia, and I additionally with U. Parvum.

We were both treated With 1g of azythromycin. His symptoms cleared up completely. I was treated with both 1g Azythromycin and 7-day Doxycycline. I had no relief. Three weeks later I had the same symptoms. I tried to live normally but the symptoms were almost unbearable. Itching, swelling, strange milky and then curd like discharge, bleeding between my period. I hadn't had sex, the only thing I did was go to the beach.

After a month I returned to the doctor and was tested again. We both tested negative for chlamydia and my fungal, BV, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, HIV, Syphilis, Hep A-C, etc. And all came back negative.

I was given a bucket load of probiotics and ovules that have not helped at all. A month after all tests were negative, I went back to the clinic and was tested for everything again. All tests still show negative.

I am still suffering everything from abdominal pain to abnormal discharge, and everything associated with vulvovaginitis. My partner is completely fine. We went almost 3 months without sex so reinfection is impossible. All of our tests are negative and the doctor dismissed lichen sclerosus. I am also NOT pregnant.

It's been 4 months since all this began with my last testing being this week.

I feel like I have been tested for almost every likely thing on the planet. Is there something they may have missed? I can't seem to figure out how to ask an expert here. As I mentioned I have seen several doctors and had nearly every test on the planet, and no one knows whats up. I am sick and tired of these ovules and creams that do nothing to help. I have even done the sitz baths with no relief. I spent the first 3 months worried to death I had HIV, and of course that was unwarranted. Now I am just depressed. I can't wake up or go to sleep without feeling completed miserable. It's like my body isn't my own anymore

Any info would be appreciated.

I don't have any answers, but I am dealing with something that sounds very similar. You're not alone. I know you said you've been tested for everything. Have they tested you for aerobic vaginitis? E. faecalis, staph, e. coli and streptococcus bacterias? I have seen a bunch of doctors too and it seems they all want to repeat the same, common tests; BV bacterias, yeasts, STI's, etc. Nobody wants to think outside the box. Go back through your labs and if you haven't been tested for the aerobic vaginitis panel, I would suggest going back to the clinic and asking for those tests. Best of luck.
Did they tested herpes