Urogynecology Community
577 Members

Have any postmenopausal women with a liver disorder used vaginal estrogen?

I have chronic UTI's and have been told that they are caused by vaginal atrophy post menopause. I also was diagnosed with a liver disorder several years ago and everything I read says that Estrogen of any kind is contraindicated. My Urogyn seems to think a very low dose vaginal estrogen would be appropriate but it worries me. Help, I can't take any more utis!
I use vaginal estrogen but do not have a liver disorder. It seems it would not adversely affect your liver since you avoid the first pass with this non-oral delivery route. It may be worth giving it a try and seeing if it raises your liver enzymes.
Thank you for the response! It is appreciated.