Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Community
564 Members

Is there relief for interstitial cystitis?

My mother suffers from interstitial cystitis. The doctors in my country say it's incurable, and it is making her hopeless. Does anyone here have experience with method that actually work, maybe not to cure but to lessen the symptoms of IC?
1 Responses
Hi there.   This is a vaginal prolapse forum so you may want to re write your question to a different forum for bladders.
I will tell you however, that along with IC treatments which you can find on the bladder forums, some women like myself as well as men get told they have IC when they have infections that have gone into their bladder wall.   It isnt easy to get treatment and diagnosis for this condition but there are more Drs starting to do diagnosis and treatment for this condition.  
If you have any further questions you specifically wish you ask me please private message me.   Otherwise please leave a message on the bladder IC forums.
Thank you
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.