Urogynecology Forum

Passing air after urinating

Hello, I'm a 32 year old female, and have noticed sometimes passing air through my urethra after urinating.  Is this normal? It is not painful and I have no other symptoms to speak of.  Today I seemed to pass quite a lot of air.  Thank you.
The bladder usually does not have air in it so I would say that if indeed you are "passing air through the urethra" this would be abnormal.  Possible causes are fistulas that communicate with the bowel, and infection.  I would suggest you  see a urologist or urogynecologist for evaluation.  
A related discussion, help me please was started.