Urogynecology Forum

Pelvic pain after hysterectomy

Im a 38 yr female Had a total abdominal Hyster on March 5, 2007 including Cervix & Ovaries. 5 wks post op started having pelvic pain while empting bladder. My GYN called in something for a UTI. No help. I just thougt mabe I was still healing from the hyster so kept waiting for it to improve on its on. 9 wks post op the pain was worse. The longer I'm on my feet the worse the pain is . Went back to the gyno who checked my urine and sure enough there was no infection. He suspected IC but gave me URELLE to try. It has seemed to help but still when I'm on my feet constantly (I own a Restarunt!) the pain is back. Also last night after intercourse I had some new sharp pains in my pelvic area that actually woke me up during the night several times. I have read some about Nerve damage to the bladder during a hyster. I was wondering if this could be the problem or should I go on to a Urologist?  
Pain is never normal, and should not be tolerated. If you can recreate the pain by touching or pressing inside the vagina, you may have a problem called levator muscle spasm, where the pelvic muscles tighten up and cause pain, made worse after standing or after intercourse. Get an evaluateion for pelvic organ prolapse, and if that is negative, consider an evaluation by a pelvic floor physical therapist, who should be able to diagnose pelvic muscle problems if they are present.
I also have pelvic pain after my hysterectomy on June 6 2007.  It is on the left side only and gets worse a the day wears on.  I put ice on it and take advil but no relief.  Any ideas?
A related discussion, Post Hysterectomy Pain was started.
A related discussion, lpost pain was started.
A related discussion, Anyone Else Still Suffering was started.
A related discussion, pelvic and inner thigh pain was started.
A related discussion, Desperate for pain relief was started.
A related discussion, Pelvic pain was started.
A related discussion, pelvic pain was started.
A related discussion, Left pelvic pain after hysterectomy was started.
A related discussion, pelvic pain and infections was started.
A related discussion, Pelvic Pain and scar tenderness an issue was started.