Urogynecology Forum

Rectocele recovery

I had surgery on March 31st for a rectocele and a bladder sling. I am felling like I am doing too much and am worried that I might have pulled out the stitches and ruined the repair. I was up pretty early. Stopped the pain pills anout day 5 after I got home and decided to drive on the 10th day. What would be the symptoms if I stressed out the rectocele repair or the bladder sling? I also have some spotting still and an awful odor from the vagina. Am I freaking out too much?
I ask my patients not to fdo any lifting over 5 lbs for 6 weeks after rectocele repair. Walking, driving, stair climbing are all ok, and unlikely to harm the repair. ALso nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks after surgery.

Dr. Hoyte
A related discussion, post rectocele surgery was started.
A related discussion, Anterior repair problems was started.
A related discussion, Post Rectocele Surgery was started.
A related discussion, Do I need surgery right now? was started.