Urogynecology Forum

Rectoceol repair

Had a rectoceol surgery 6 weeks ago that was compounded with an arterial vaginal hemorrhage few hours after surgery, therfore more stitches in the birth canal. I spotted fresh red blood up till few days ago. Now the discharges are brownish with a strong stench. Is all that normal?
Dr said I could resume my sexual activity after six weeks but I am scared to cause stitches to open again.
When blood stays in the vagina it may turn brown.  This finding is usually insignificant.  I would suggest you see your doctor before resuming sexual activity however.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD