Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Results of Abdominal Ultrasound

61`YO male. Symptoms of nausea (most of the time),extreme fatigue, loss of appetite. Tenderness in upper right quadrant of abdomen.Bloating,belches alot,Cramping after eating followed by diarhea. Length of occuring symptoms - months. Diabetis type 2; hypertension; Atrial fib ; Vasovagal syndrome (all controlled with meds)
Medications......Actos,Glucophage,glipizide,lanoxin,Paxil,Lotrel,Zocor,HTCZ,81 mg aspirin daily.

Findings of abdominal ultrasound.. Liver is mildly enlarged. Gallbladder unremarkable. No gallstones.Common bile duct is within normal size.Right kidney measures 13.8-cm.There is seen dilatation of the renal pelvis and the caliceal system particulary lower pole of calyx on the right side. Changes are probably secondary to mild to moderate degree of hydronephrosis. Left kidney is remarkable. Spleen is withing normal limits. Pancreas is grossly unremarkable. Aorta and vena cava are not seen. IMPRESSIONS....(1) Changes of mild to moderate degree of hydronephrosis. (2) Fatty infiltration of the liver.

What does report mean in layman terms? Should we be concerned and follow up with further tests or procedures? What would these be?

3 Responses
242593 tn?1313867921
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Unfortunately, I am a urogynecologist, and must limit my comments to females with pelvic floor problems. May I suggest that you refer these questions to a urologist or GI physician who sees male patients.  

The ultra sound results,talk about the kidneys and liver,along with the pancrease and spleen.The liver has a fatty build up,it is all so called a fatty liver,he needs to watch what he eats,such as fried foods,and other foods that will produce fatty cells,on the liver.The hydronephrosis,is the kidney being enlarged,the spleen and pancrease are fine.You might want to consider getting tests done again on his kidneys,to find the cause for the kidney being enlarged.I hope this info helps for now,until the doctor answers for you.                                                                                                                                                       Take care,Blackrose
A related discussion, Pain in left kidney was started.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.