Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

anterior and posterior repair

I have been informed that i need an anterior and posterior repair along with a full hysterectomy. Can you please tell me why it is so urgent that me op is within a week. also how long will i need off work. it will be performed vaginally.
3 Responses
242593 tn?1313864321
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
This is definitely not an urgent/life threatening problem unless you have cancer of the cervix or uterus. Usually anterior/posterior repair is done if you have prolapse, which is a bulging of the vaginal walls  or uterus (it is like a hernia) It is usually not life threatening unless it affects bladder emptying. If you cannot see the bulging yourself with a mirror while squatting, then it is not significant, and definitely not urgent. You should get a second opinion from a trained urogynecologist before proceeding.

Dr. Hoyte

I am scheduled for an anterior and posterior repair and a tvt sling.  How long will i be in surgery.  all that I have been told is that my surgery is the 15th of Sept.
A related discussion, anterior and posterior repair was started.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.