Urogynecology Forum

bladder sling and problems

I had bladder sling surgery in July 2011.  I had no problems until about 6 months ago, started having trouble sleeping on sides or on back.   Would have to get up several times during the night to urinate (which has never happened in my life before).  After urinating I could fall asleep for a couple of hours and then either stayed up or tried to sleep in chair.  When I’m up and about I have no pain whatsoever.  I’ve had a c-t scan, going for a colonoscopy in a month.  The CT scan showed everything is ok.  Having trouble with intercourse – feels like a barrier in blocking.  Having trouble with BMs, feels like they are being blocked also.
From your description it doesn't really sound like your sling is causing a problem.  Your symptoms suggest you might have some degree of prolapse of the bladder and rectum.  An examination by your gynecologist would be helpful.  If your examination is normal, then further work up would be necessary, Urology or Urogynecology, to determine the cause of your symptoms.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD