Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

chronic uti's & BV in a 29 year old female

Hi, I am a healthy 29 year old female. Almost a year ago I started to get one UTI after the next. As fast as I was put on a antibiotic, was as fast as I was getting a different UTI with a different bacteria. I went and saw a urologist who made sure everything was anatomically correct and started me on Hiprex to take twice a day with Vitamin C.
About a month or two after being on Hiprex. I started to get bacterial vaginosis. I was put on the metro gel then developed a yeast infection, then put on diflucan. Within a week I had another BV infection. I started taking probiotics and a product called femanol, which helped keep the bacterial vaginosis at bay. However if I stop the femanol all the BV symptoms return. This July will be a full year of being on hiprex. My urologist said that they will continue to keep me on it until I decide to get pregnant. I want some insight on what I should do. I would like for the bv & uti's to leave. I have a healthy diet and I eat healthy. I am 5'9 and 130 pounds. The hiprex is the only medication I take. So basically I would like some insight. I was told hiprex does not cause bv? Will my body ever regain its balance? Will I continue to have to take this medication forever? Can hiprex cause bladder cancer? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.