Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

enlarged uterus with fibroids

I have a enlarged uterus the size of a cantaloupe with a fibroid the size of a orange on top of that with smaller fibroids all around. I have pressure on my left side with pain and burning. I always feel like I have to go to the bathroom. My periods are not real heavy, but long. My doctor says surgery. I am 49, do not know how close I am to menopause. How much do fibroids shrink at menopause, a little or a lot. I am tired of the discomfort and pain and do not know if I should wait it out or not. Like I said doctor says surgery. Thanks Lori49
2 Responses
242593 tn?1313867921
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Menopause will result in shrinkage of the fibroids, but I am not sure anyone knows how much or when it will occur.

You could also consider a procedure to remove the fibroids if you are uncomfortable with hysterectomy. You could start with removing the large fibroids and see how it goes...

Dr. Hoyte

A related discussion, Uterus/ Fibroid removal was started.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.