urethral sling

I had surgery on January 14 for stress incontinence. The procedure was an urethral sling.  I am experiencing difficulty with emptying my bladder. I find that it is at it worse in the morning. I am now self catheterizing. My question is, Is this a normal process of healing and will it get easier?  
Sorry to read of your problem.  This may get better over time. However, should you continue to have to self cath to empty your bladder you may need to have the sling revised.  A test in the office called a uroflow study can determine if your sling is too tight and therefore may need to be released.  J. Kyle Mathews,MD
Thank you for answering my question. This morning I was able to urinate 200ml on my own, which was a great achievement.  I will be returning to my doctor on February the fourteenth. I will then discuss my options. Thank you  again.

You are reading content posted in the Urogynecology Forum