Urogynecology Forum

urinary problems

I am a 35 year old female who doesn't get UTIs often.  No females in my family have urinary problems only my uncle and grandpa have had (prostate) problems.  I learned I have tiny kidney stones in my right kidney.  Will this cause urinary problems such as frequent urination (I sleep through the night), sometimes burns and back pain?  I had a UTI and when I finished antibiotic I still had symptoms.  I went to a different doctor who sent me to get ultrasound of bladder, uterer and kidneys 'cause urine from lab came back with no problems.  I got ultrasound results back and it shows tiny kidney stones in right kidney.  She said they should not be causing me problems.  Is she right?  I'm now terrified its IC from reading on internet.  My left groin is aching but I don't know if this is due to my foot fracture and wearing a special shoe on that foot and laying down a lot (doctor banned me from exercise).  Any ideas of what is going on?
You may indeed have a kidney stone that is not causing any problems.  Urinary urgency is most often caused by infection but can be caused by other things as well.  Diet, medications, bladder overactivity are possible and can be evaluated by a urogynecologist in your area.  IC is most often pain in the bladder with urgency and frequency.  For more information on IC, see this link.
http://www.drjkm.com/interstitial-cystitis/
J. Kyle Mathews, MD