Urogynecology Community
550 Members

what is blocking my vaginal opening?

hi, im 19 and have been sexually active before but i haven't in about four and a half months. Ive been on birth control for about a year and recently messed it up and stopped taking it. Lately i have had abdominal/pelvic pain especially on my upper left side under my rib cage. Today i went to the bathroom and it kind of felt like when a tampons falls and is really close to vaginal opening so you vagina almost seems swollen (but its not). I took two pregnancy tests today because even though I'd be showing by now i haven't had my period in over a month. Tonight i thought maybe i put a tampon in and forgot about it and tried reaching in to get it and i literally can't get my finger in at all. There is a large wrinkly/shrivelled tissue ball thing right inside the opening of my vagina. I dont know what it is and im really scared.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.   Without a physical examination by your Dr it is not easy to say what this tissue is.   It could be that you are feeling the walls of the vagina but it could also mean that you have some form of prolapse of which there are several types.  
Do you tampons sometimes work their way out of your vagina at all?   This can be a symptom of prolapse.
Try not to worry and get an appt to see your GP.   Ask for a Urogynecology appt if your Dr feels you have prolapse.
Let us know how you get on