Urogynecology Community
580 Members

yeast infection question

I have not had many yeast infections so I was looking for some insight. Last Thursday I started having burning/hot feeling coming from my vagina, no so much the inside but the labia minora, I was prescribed difulcan by my provider took it Monday and have felt some relief but not much, I also did the 1 day monistat treatment which helped a bit as well but I still continue to have a burning/warm/hot feeling in the same area. I dont have any itching/pain while urinating or any lesions/suspicious bumps and minimal discharge,  I have checked multiple times trust me! I also have been in the same monogamous relationship for 6 years. In the past I had a severe yeast infection that I let go untreated and developed superficial fissures they went away in about a day. This is not like the last yeast infection I had but does it still sound like one? How long should I expect to have symptoms for. They are pretty mild but just uncomfortable and I am on my feet all day. Thanks!
1 day of diflucan and 1 day of Monistat is not that much treatment. I would think you'd need more if this is a yeast infection. I have not had one for many years but, for me, the itching was the worst symptom. I don't recall burning.
Thank you for your help!
Could be bacterial vaginosis