Urologic Cancer Community
431 Members

Advice required on a Retrograde Urethrogram?

Hi, my father has been suffering from severe discomfort during urination since the past 2-3 weeks; when we consulted with a urologist he ordered a PSA (prostrate specific antigen) whose result was normal, the urine chemistry was ok expect that protein was detected and the following results were observed in the urine microbiology - WBC (28), Epithelial Cells (164.8), Bacteria Count (15.8). Further no micro organisms grew in the urine culture after 2 days of aerobic incubation at 37 deg C.
He has taken a course of antibiotics 2 weeks back but the condition has not improved.
The consulting urologist has asked for a retrograde urethrogram to investigate the condition which he feels is due to inflammation in the urethra.
We are looking for a second opinion before going forward with the RUG and would be very grateful for any advice.
My father is 61 years old, weighs 110 kg and is diabetic.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.