Advice required on a Retrograde Urethrogram?

Hi, my father has been suffering from severe discomfort during urination since the past 2-3 weeks; when we consulted with a urologist he ordered a PSA (prostrate specific antigen) whose result was normal, the urine chemistry was ok expect that protein was detected and the following results were observed in the urine microbiology - WBC (28), Epithelial Cells (164.8), Bacteria Count (15.8). Further no micro organisms grew in the urine culture after 2 days of aerobic incubation at 37 deg C.
He has taken a course of antibiotics 2 weeks back but the condition has not improved.
The consulting urologist has asked for a retrograde urethrogram to investigate the condition which he feels is due to inflammation in the urethra.
We are looking for a second opinion before going forward with the RUG and would be very grateful for any advice.
My father is 61 years old, weighs 110 kg and is diabetic.