Urologic Cancer Community
435 Members

Lump

On my left testicle, i had a white, non painful lump (looked like a zit) so i guessed it was a cyst, but one day i tried to pop it, a little white stuff came out, but then the next day it had swollen to a larger lump on the inside of my sack (not at all on the actual testicle) and was now red. It hurt for the first few days but doesent anymore. What could it be, is it still a cyst or is it cancerous?

thankyou very much for your help

The lump may be limited to the skin which got infected when you tried to pop it, or it contained some pus in the first place (though this would generally be quite painful). It would be best to see a doctor. A review of your dressing habits, personal care products particularly for washing would be important. If you feel it is separate from the testicle, then odds are it is limited to the skin. Skin infections can be pretty nasty and uncomfortable though so a doctor’s consultation is also urgent. Stay positive.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.