Urologic Cancer Community
439 Members

Urachal

In September 2009 I ended up in the hospital with pain--turned out to be kidney stones. The scan that was done showed I had an enlarged urachal. In October I had a procedure when they went up and bioposied it from the inside of the bladder, the cells and muscle wall showed no cancer. The dr. sent me for an MRI and he suggested we would continue to monitor the part sticking out of the bladder...but after discussion, as I am a Remicade patient we have decided to have the surgery and cut it out now.

It is very dificult to find information, are urachal and bladder cancer the same thing? Does urachal cancer turn into bladder cancer? Is it possible to have this growth and not have cancer?  What kind of recovery can I expect from this surgery?

I also have colitis and have been on remicade for 1 year...my GI has informed me if this is cancerous, I would have to stop remicade and move towards having my colon removed.

I am 39 year old male, healthy (besides the colitis -- I've only had one major flare in 10 years, last year that led to the remicade.)

thank you.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.