Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain after straining to pass a stool

On 10/25/15 at 2 AM, I was awoken with rectum pain. I knew from previous times that is was a stool pressing on my prostrate.  This has happened maybe 10 times in the past  ten years.  Twenty five years ago I was diagnosed with BPH.  Other conditions I have are an umbilical hernia and a ventral hernia.  I had to strain (lots) for 5-6 minutes to get the stool passed. Pain was gone and I went back to bed.  However the next day around noon or so I noticed that whenever my bladder filled with 3-5 ounces, there was discomfort and when sitting down to relieve it & there were some pains. Pushing on my lower stomach about 2 inches below the navel on a lateral line  there is some very sore areas, mostly on the left side just an inch or so left of the navel. Not much discomfort otherwise. I’m concerned I may have strained or ruptured something….bladder or colon or some intestine.  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Seems you were right on target. Thank you so much. Pain is  almost gone from pelvic area.
Helpful - 0
I don't think you have done any irreparable damage. What you describe sounds more like abdominal muscular strain.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.