Urology Forum

A Cut

I had a cut or a scratch that bleed a little on my scrotum. The bleeding stopped easily, but I won't to know because I bleed if that will increase the risk of me getting testicular cancer?
I am not aware of a superficial cut or laceration being associated with an increased risk of testicular cancer.  

If cancer is a concern, a scrotal ultrasound can be done to ensure there aren't any masses present.

This option can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.