This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Advice on Inquiry


I am a 21 year old male. Recently I noticed that my penis has an increased curve to the left. It has always been rather straight with a slight curve, but now the curve has increased a little bit. I am just wondering if it will continue to increase or just stay this way. I notice a little bit of what I think is scar tissue on the right side (small, soft lumpy area), but it isn't too much. I also don't have any painful erections.

Should I get this checked out or just leave it alone? Also, what do you think will happen in the future for me? And, is stuff like this normal to happen to men?

Thanks for your helpful reply,

Discussion is closed
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
One of the more common causes for this symptom is Peyronie's disease.  This is the presence of hardened tissue (fibrosis) that can lead to penile curvature.

This can be evaluated during a physical exam, but an ultrasound can be considered if the diagnosis is in question.

If this is the case, there are some non-surgical options - such as calcium channel blockers or collangenase - that can be considered.  

Of course, surgery can also be considered if the symptoms worsen.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed
Top Rated Urologists
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.