This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Alternative Medication

I get medical through the Veteran Admin.The testoterone gel is making my prostate/BPHworse. Im on terazosin is causing erectile dysfunction.There both counter balance each other.the only obtions pointed out by my doctor local injection alproslat for ED,or even TURP in future for urine flow. I need to know is there any medication to replace terazosin that causing the erectile dysfunction please let me if there is something that can be done I would apprecate any help or advise Thank You
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
One can try 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors like finasteride if the terazosin isn't tolerated.  However, erectile dysfunction and decreased libido are also side effects of these medications as well.  

Herbal therapies like saw palmetto have conflicting data.  You may want to discuss with your personal physician whether this is an option for your.

If medications are not a reasonable option, you can consider more invasive surgical therapies.  Your urologist will be able to give you more detail on these options.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed