Urology Community

Any hope for improvement after 8 weeks post-TURP

Wrote a few weeks ago that my husband did not seem to be improving after his TURP procedure and was told it was too early to know but it's now been 8 weeks and his frequent urination is actually worse than before the TURP.  The amount eliminated is more but the frequency is also more.  He's better at night while lying down but right after getting up from sitting he feels great urgency so must always be near a bathroom.  This is limiting his ability to go anywhere and is quite discouraging.  We go back to the surgeon this week but I'm betting they say it's still too early.  Everyone else seemed to have such glowing reviews after their surgery.
It's been about 8 years for me and it got worse after the TURP. It did not get better. The TURP has ruined my life. I am now alone as my wife gave up and left me. I hope things work out for your husband and you are understanding.