Urology Community

Assistance with Urinary Problems

Hi, i am 22 and i am having difficulties with frequent urination, urinary urgency, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain and pain in my penis when urinating.

I have seen a doctor and have been referred to a specialist after a urinary tract infection and other conditions were ruled out, however that is next year in april

Whenever i go to the toilet i immediately have to go again after i have finished. I constantly need to go to the toilet and cannot be anywhere without one.

I was wondering if there is anything that can be recommended to assist with the frequency as it is quite distressing and i am experiecing new and severe pain when urinating in the last week.
It sounds like you may have interstitial cystitis.  If this is the case then reducing the amount of acidic food and drinks may help.  Prelief will help reduce the amount of acid that reaches your bladder.  It's otc and you can buy it at most pharmcies, but you may have to ask them to order it.  I had these same symptoms when I was diagnosed but I also had staph and strep bacteria in my bladder.  Staph and strep WILL NOT be found by a regular dip test, a culture has to be done.  Good luck, I know how debilitating these symptoms can be.