Aa
A
A
A
Close

BPH/ prostatitis question

Hi I am a 42 year old male w prostatitis and BPH history
My main symptom is
Frequent urination and my prostrate area feels hot. My behind prostrate area is tingly at times then I have to pee a lot
I have to pee every 45 minutes. Very aggravating. I have an enlarged prostrate. I just was on bactrim  DS for 6 weeks for Prostatitis cause of pandemic they could not see me. My urine is always clean. I was given flomax but refuse to take it because of ejaculate going backwards and might faint. What can I do to solve this? I usually go to acupuncture but this pandemic is closing everything. Can you have both prostatitis and bph
1 Responses
207091 tn?1337709493
Prostatitis and BPH are similar. How and when were you diagnosed with each?

I'm not here to convince you to take Flomax - that's a decision only you can make. I just want to make sure you have all the information. Depending on the dose, either .4 mg or .8 mg, only 8.4% and 18/1%, respectively, of men experienced any ejaculation issues. Again, depending on the dose, 14.9% and 17.1% experienced dizziness, respectively. http://products.sanofi.us/flomax/flomax.pdf (Click on prescribing information at the top.)

Those are real concerns, though. My dad took Flomax, and definitely had the dizziness issue, which is a result of blood pressure changes. He was 30+ years older than you, and had prostate cancer, so your experience may be very different.

I don't know if you have prostatitis or BPH, or both - https://www.healthline.com/health/enlarged-prostate/prostatitis-and-bph That's up to the doctors. Has anyone been able to examine you or do any blood work or anything?

A lot of men here have reported improvements in chronic prostatitis by stopping caffeine. That seems to make the most difference. It isn't a cure, but it can help.

2 Comments
Yes I have stopped caffeine my prostrate is big.. have erection problems the prostate feels inflamed.... it’s hard to get an appt w a dr. I have 3 months worth of the flomax but as I said al afraid to take it.... I will get hold of my dr.
Let us know what happens.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.