BPH/ prostatitis question

Hi I am a 42 year old male w prostatitis and BPH history
My main symptom is
Frequent urination and my prostrate area feels hot. My behind prostrate area is tingly at times then I have to pee a lot
I have to pee every 45 minutes. Very aggravating. I have an enlarged prostrate. I just was on bactrim  DS for 6 weeks for Prostatitis cause of pandemic they could not see me. My urine is always clean. I was given flomax but refuse to take it because of ejaculate going backwards and might faint. What can I do to solve this? I usually go to acupuncture but this pandemic is closing everything. Can you have both prostatitis and bph
Prostatitis and BPH are similar. How and when were you diagnosed with each?

I'm not here to convince you to take Flomax - that's a decision only you can make. I just want to make sure you have all the information. Depending on the dose, either .4 mg or .8 mg, only 8.4% and 18/1%, respectively, of men experienced any ejaculation issues. Again, depending on the dose, 14.9% and 17.1% experienced dizziness, respectively. http://products.sanofi.us/flomax/flomax.pdf (Click on prescribing information at the top.)

Those are real concerns, though. My dad took Flomax, and definitely had the dizziness issue, which is a result of blood pressure changes. He was 30+ years older than you, and had prostate cancer, so your experience may be very different.

I don't know if you have prostatitis or BPH, or both - https://www.healthline.com/health/enlarged-prostate/prostatitis-and-bph That's up to the doctors. Has anyone been able to examine you or do any blood work or anything?

A lot of men here have reported improvements in chronic prostatitis by stopping caffeine. That seems to make the most difference. It isn't a cure, but it can help.

Yes I have stopped caffeine my prostrate is big.. have erection problems the prostate feels inflamed.... it’s hard to get an appt w a dr. I have 3 months worth of the flomax but as I said al afraid to take it.... I will get hold of my dr.
Let us know what happens.

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community